Custom Search

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A mountain of seed catalogs... what do I do?


I’m sure if your an avid gardener you have been overwhelmed with the flow of seed catalogs you have been receiving this winter. I want to share with you my top three catalogs for this year, and why they are important to me. My top pick is Gurney's, because they have quality seed and they always come out with new, innovative products that  really differ from other products out there in the market. Gurney's also usually has good savings, and around this time you can double your money with a free 25 dollar coupon when you spend 50 or more. Gurney's customer service is very reliable, because last year I didn't receive some of my seeds I ordered in the mail, and without question, they sent me more seeds free of charge! My second pick is for everybody who enjoys to start everything from seed like I do, and its called Johnny's selected seeds! They are a bulk seed company with discounted pricing that will save you a bunch of money in the long run. There catalog has a variety of seeds ranging from vegetables, cover crops, fruits, herbs, and flowers. Johnny's, also has really neat tools that will help any gardener be more efficient and productive. The tools range from season extenders to soil block makers, and seed mats, and jump start systems to composting, and seeders! The list goes on so check it out. My third pick is Burgess seed and plant company, because they always have exotic plants that are hardy to colder climates like zone 5, at a really good price. The catalog has a variety of plants that range from hardy plume grass to raspberry Pulmonaria, and Heuchera to Japanese forest grass! That rounds up my thoughts, I hope this helps everyone out that are confused, and are unsure of who to go with.

0 comments: